Vintage Bicycle Ride Long Beach - California
the first Sunday of every month
Next Cyclone Coaster Free Swapmeet followed by our Vintage Bicycle Ride
- Sunday - November 6th 2022
>>> YES - Sunday Sunday Sunday - November 6th 2022 only a few weeks away - It's time to hunt & gather your items to sell to acquire the money to buy the parts & pieces to finish your new or old projects again.
Please note - November 6th 2022 - is Daylight Saving Day too
>>> Come to buy - Come to Sell @ our 26th Annual Cyclone Coaster free Vintage Swapmeet that sets up out back of the Pike Restaurant & Bar @ 7:00 am If you arrive early >> Please keep the noise level down since we do not want to disturb the neighbors nearby that surround the Pike Restaurant & Bar - so please keep it to a whisper level before 7:00am & respect thy neighbors.
>>> Our special thanks goes out once again to Chris Reece / the owner of the Pike Restaurant & Bar for opening up early with his staff & serving a full menu of delicious food along with the World famous Breakfast Burrito & a full bar - fresh craft beer & local favorites on tap that flow all day.
>> No vehicle parking in the swap lot & please try to keep back alley clear. Please use Hermosa Avenue as you unload your items & then park in the nearby neighborhood.
>>> Bring vintage bikes, parts & related items to sell - Canopies & tables welcome - As the parking lot fills up we can also use the patio area & the side area on Hermosa Avenue by moving the outdoor tables & chairs aside as they are for the Pike Restaurant & Bar use only & not for our Cyclone Coaster Swapmeet items.
The Cyclone Coaster Vintage Bicycle Ride will start after the CC Swapmeet Please note - Portfolio Coffeehouse has moved ... Not to worry we will continue to meet up @ that Corner 4th Street & Junipero Long Beach - California
Meet & Greet @ 10:45 am
Kickstands up @ 11:15 am Thank you to Portfolio Coffeehouse for all the support over the years to the Cyclone Coaster Vintage Bicycle Rides & to the community you serve -- We will have to pass by your new location once it's ready on Cherry Avenue & 4th street behind the public parking lot.
if you're late..... the ride leaves without you
If you're not feeling 100% ..... Please stay 100% home to ride another day
A simple introduction
Welcome to the new CYCLONE COASTER website ~ A fresh new look that has been streamlined into a multi-paged website that is friendly format to whatever device you are viewing the website on ~ Check back with us each month to find out what's new with the new CYCLONE COASTER website & for upcoming events ~ swapmeets ~ themed rides & monthly rides as they're announced ~ If you're here for the first time ~ please have a look around CYCLONE COASTER is a multi award winning bicycle group based in Southern California ~ CYCLONE COASTER is not a bicycle club or a business ~ CYCLONE COASTER has been riding vintage bicycles on the FIRST SUNDAY of EVERY MONTH in our hometown of Long Beach California since 2006 meeting & greeting thousands of fellow enthusiast over the years while riding our vintage bicycles here there & everywhere ~ CYCLONE COASTER is simply a vintage bicycle ride that takes place the first Sunday of every month all year round ~ Rain or Shine ~ Anyone is welcome to come out & join us on their favorite vintage bicycle & become part of the CYCLONE COASTER family ~ Over the years CYCLONE COASTER has had vintage bicycle enthusiest visit from all over the United States of America, but from the far corners of the World - far away places in Europe - Asia - South America - Austrailia have traveled to visit & even join in on our vintage bicycle rides themselves ~ CYCLONE COASTER family members have also traveled meeting up with other bicycle groups for their rides too along with swapmeets & auctions across the nation ~ During this time CYCLONE COASTER has become a multi award winning vintage bicycle group & the main purpose of the CYCLONE COASTER website is to get people back on the Vintage Bicycles made here in America ~ to basically ride a piece of American History today All riders are welcome to be a part of the CYCLONE COASTER family the first Sunday of every month ~ Rain or Shine ~ Bring your favorite rider & see what everyone else brought out as their great AMERICAN MADE Vintage Bicycles from the early 1900's to the late 1980's on any given CYCLONE COASTER ride ~ Great American Manufacturers such as Bassett ~ Colson ~ Columbia ~ Cook Bros ~ Chief ~ Dayton ~ Diamond Back ~ DG ~ Elgin ~ Firestone ~ Gary Turner ( GT ) ~ Harley Davidson ~ Hawthorne ~ Hiawatha ~ Huffman ~ Indian ~ Iver Johnson ~ JC Higgins ~ Manton & Smith ~ Mead ~ Mercury - Pierce ~ Powerlite ~ Redline ~ Roadmaster ~ Rollfast ~ S & S ~ Schwinn ~ SE ~ Shelby ~ Western Flyer ~ just to name a few This site is dedicated to the bicycles of yesteryear and the people who kept them around for us to enjoy today ~ Please have a look around & enjoy your time as I will continue to update the CYCLONE COASTER website to include picture links & youtube video links of past events we have been involved in over the years going forward ~ The CYCLONE COASTER website is updated frequently with all the latest events & rides which are posted as they are announced CYCLONE COASTER DOES NOT have an e-mail list since EVERYTHING we do is ALWAYS POSTED right here on the CYCLONE COASTER website ~ so please check back often for all of the latest up-to-date information ~ If you are on FACEBOOK you can now add CYCLONE COASTER as a friend ~ Thank you for your support & interest over the years - RIDDEN not HIDDEN ~ Frank
Sunday ride details
- Frank & Bernard realized early on that CYCLONE COASTER was generating quite a bit of interest simply while riding their vintage bicycles in & around Southern California & talking to fellow riders along the way - Seeing all of the interest that was out there - we decided that it would be better to set up one day a month for a vintage bicycle ride that has been dubbed - the CYCLONE COASTER Sunday Ride - The CYCLONE COASTER Sunday Ride is a leisure vintage bicycle ride that averages around 2 hours long & many support their favorite local restuarants @ water holes after the ride before they head back home - the ride is ALWAYS held the first Sunday of every month & ALWAYS from the same starting point every month - PORTFOLIO COFFEEHOUSE - which is conveniently located on the corner of 4th Street & Junipero - in the city of Long Beach - rain or shine
- The CYCLONE COASTER family of riders Meet & Greet @ 9:30am <> KICKSTANDS UP @ 10:30am SHARP - If you are late we will leave without you !!! - the CYCLONE COASTER family encourages that IF YOU'RE NOT FEELING 100% ... then PLEASE STAY 100% HOME to ride another day - Many follow the ride with a casual lunch @ a their favorite local eatery or watering hole before heading back home for the day
- The CYCLONE COASTER Sunday Ride is a family oriented ride - not a bar hop - it's an open invitation for people from 5 to 105 years of age to join us on a vintage bicycle ride along the beach paths in & around the city of Long Beach & other special events that we post here on this website - ALL CYCLONE COASTER EVENTS ARE RAIN or SHINE EVENTS - All are welcome to join in on the CYCLONE COASTER Sunday Ride with any type of bicycle & any riding level - for a low key vintage bicycle ride where everyone can enjoy fellow enthusiast for networking - swapping stories - swap bicycles & parts - share maintenance & knowledge while enjoying the great Southern California scenery & all year around weather
- Since the CYCLONE COASTER Sunday Ride is never the same ride twice & changes as we ride - It is impossible to post our route on this website - We base our ride on the events in & around Long Beach where the ride originates - We never have a set route as the ride can change as we are riding - from an unforeseen problem such as a simple flat tire or other bicycle related problem - to a local event in progress - Keep in mind that many riders such as myself travel over an hour just to join us here for the ride every month - So please allow enough time to get here on time when traveling to join us
- To be fair to all the riders please remember that the ride leaves Portfolio Coffeehouse at 10:30 am SHARP - Thanks for all of the interest in the CYCLONE COASTER Sunday RIde & we'll see you on the next ride - RIDDEN not HIDDEN - Frank
Sunday ride announcements
- First & most important <> the CYCLONE COASTER family encourages that IF YOU ARE NOT FEELING 100% then PLEASE STAY 100% HOME to ride another day
- CYCLONE COASTER would like to ask everyone to ALWAYS KEEP SAFETY IN MIND when riding on the streets & bicycle paths for all riders ANYWHERE in the state of California - PLEASE REMEMBER that bicycles fall under the same traffic laws as ANY vehicle on the road we all share - PLEASE REMEMBER to stop at all stop signs & not to run red lights - FYI - BICYCLE TRAFFIC VIOLATIONS WILL GO ON YOUR PERMANENT DRIVING RECORD - PLEASE REMEMBER to stay in the MARKED bicycle lanes - OR - to the far right side of the road with 2 or 3 bicycles wide to not block cars from driving by us on the streets & PLEASE REMEMBER to try to keep it 2 wide on the beach path for oncoming bicycles & people that walk - jog - run - rollerblade - etc - with us in the areas we SHARE on our CYCLONE COASTER rides - In short - CYCLONE COASTER simply does not want to wear out our welcome here or anywhere for that matter - CYCLONE COASTER has a great casual ride for all ages to enjoy the first Sunday of every month where over the years thousands of riders have joined in on the vintage bicycle fun in the many rides & events we take part in every year - let's keep it going by being in tune with our fellow "Sunday Riders" & the local community in & around the City of Long Beach - the home of the CYCLONE COASTER Sunday Ride MEETING POINT IS Portfolio Coffeehouse - Located on - the Corner of 4th Street & Junipero
- PARK ANNOUNCEMENTS are for everyone who comes out to the CYCLONE COASTER Vintage Bicycle Rides every month - You are all family to CYCLONE COASTER so PLEASE SHARE & inform other CYCLONE COASTER riders of upcoming rides - events - BBQ's - birthdays & more - If you have something just approach the stage in the park & announce what you have coming up to the group - It's just that easy - This ride has a large following at this point & riders join us from San Diego to Northern California & beyond - We also know there might be some other CYCLONE COASTER riders that may live close to your own towns events that may want to meet up with you for it - that's why we have a "open mic" for anyone who wants to come up - Many riders never knew they were neighbors until they do an announcement - that's what is great about this ride
- PICTURES -- I know everyone takes them - If anyone has any pictures that they would like to share from our rides - PLEASE POST THEM - I encourage you to share them on the on-line forums like - theCabe - SchwinnBikeForum - Rat Rod Bikes - Facebook - etc. -- I always have requests for pictures of what shows up @ the CYCLONE COASTER Sunday ride - but I can only take so many myself - Let's show everyone around the world what they're missing by not being here @ the CYCLONE COASTER Sunday rides
- With a GREAT TURNOUT - comes a greater responsibility - I must ask EVERYONE to PLEASE keep to the right of the road & not to take up the whole road as we ride - We have never had a issue with the Police in Long Beach since we started this ride in 2006 - Never even a complaint - this is achieved by keeping within the bike lane & / or the right side of the road whenever possible ( 2 riders wide is ideal ) - by doing this it makes the road safer for our riders @ the CYCLONE COASTER Sunday ride - trust me you don't want to be on the receiving end of another vehicle - we look forward to seeing everyone again for next months ride - make sure you come out & join us @ the CYCLONE COASTER Sunday ride - RIDDEN not HIDDEN - Frank